Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a number of advanced tools and techniques to solve difficult problems.
- Analyze non-normal data to drive decision making.
- Perform advanced regression analyses, including logistic regression for discrete Y’s.
- Utilize advanced ANOVA techniques to qualify destructive measurement systems.
- Investigate important advanced scenarios for the application of designed experiments (DOE).
Laptop computer running Minitab
Who Should Attend?
- Expert problem solvers who desire more knowledge, skills and tools
- Black Belts or Master Black Belts
- Qualified Green Belts
As problem solvers complete projects and progress in their careers, they invariably need more advanced capabilities that apply across both manufacturing and transactional environments.
Tool Master provides a hands-on, individualized approach to teaching and mentoring advanced statistical principles and tools. Topics covered include non-normal data, advanced measurement system analysis, logistic regression, design of experiments (DOE) and more.
Designed for practicing Black Belts and Master Black Belt candidates, this course builds confidence in the use of statistics and Minitab. Tool Master is the only Lean Methods Group offering that goes deeper than our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course into using data to understand and solve problems. After taking the Tool Master course, people become better internal trainers and are able to take deeper dives to get more problems solved.
With an applied focus, Tool Master is an interactive course that goes beyond instructor lectures to include exercises and individualized mentoring on real data sets and projects that participants bring to class from their organizations. Portions of the workshop are dedicated to peer-to-peer learning so you can share your unique perspectives and experiences across organizations and industries. To reinforce and solidify learning, students are assigned homework and review it each morning.
Day 1 - Click Here
- Statistical Inference
- Non-Normality Causes
- Non-Normality Treatments
- Nonparametric Tests
- Advanced Topics in Measurement System Analysis
Day 2 - Click Here
- Estimating Process Capability
- Capability with rational subgroups
- Capability with non-normal data
- Categorical Data Analysis (including Chi-square and ANOM)
- Multiple Regression (stepwise, best subsets and multicollinearity)
Day 3 - Click Here
- Logistic Regression
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Advanced RSM
Day 4 - Click Here
- EVOP Designs
- Mixture Designs
- Fixed and Random Designs
- Nested Designs
Day 5 - Click Here
- Introduction to Queuing
- Control Charts (including EWMA)
System Requirements: Internet connection with modern browser
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Recommended Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date.
Legacy browsers with known issues:
Internet Explorer 10 and below
Safari 7 and below
Note: the course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled
Lean Methods Group reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. We will do our best to ensure you are aware of changes 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Lean Methods Group is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
While we recognize the need to cancel due to unforeseen events, we kindly ask that you consider the other students in this course when cancelling your enrollment. We ask for 6-weeks advance notice so that we may fill your spot and ensure a fun class for the other students.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 6 weeks before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer to another workshop
- Requests received within 4 weeks of the course shall receive a 50% refund.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- We can transfer your course fees to another Lean Methods e-learning or instructor-led course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs, PDUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.