This highly interactive workshop enables teams to produce working
products and projects in much shorter periods of time, with fewer errors, by managing the
development cycle in a collaborative environment with customers, developers, testers and
business leaders. Participants provide their company with a project management method that
is flexible enough to get stuff done in an ever-changing work environment.
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:
- Integrate Lean Agile development methodologies into an existing Lean/continuous
improvement framework, organization or product development function.
- Develop user stories that describe customer requirements.
- Conduct release planning and sprint planning using user stories and estimating techniques.
- Manage sprint daily progress using Lean Agile artifacts such as the stand-up meeting.
- Demonstrate the current status of the project through the use of such artifacts as the Kanban
board, burn-up and burn-down charts.
- Manage a Lean Agile development team through a sprint—from requirements gathering
through product demonstration.
There are no pre-requisites for this course; however, there is recommended reading which may be found in the “Detailed Information” tab.
Who Should Attend?
- Operational excellence practitioners and leaders
- Team leaders; program, product, and project managers
- Anyone with a focus on career building and improving their visibility within their
- Those interested in becoming a Scrum Master
Organizations and product development teams are often overwhelmed with contrasting
programs and competing priorities. They assume customer requirements are known and
static—when they never are. Their workflow is full of delays, handoffs, rework and other forms
of waste, extending lead times beyond what’s reasonable to compete or to meet strategically
important deadlines. Not with Lean Agile.
The Certified Lean Agile Scrum Master for Project Management course teaches teams to
produce products or complete projects in much shorter periods of time, with fewer errors, by
managing the development cycle in a collaborative environment with customers and
Lean Methods Group has partnered with Peopleside, a SCRUMstudy approved Authorized
Training Partner, to offer this unique course. Taught by SCRUMstudy Certified Trainers(SCT™)
and Agile coaches, this course differs from other Agile methodology courses because of its
focus on the value-oriented discipline of Lean and the need to drive adoption in using these
approaches. You won’t learn to automate waste nor will your knowledge be limited to simply
what the steps are. Instead, you learn how to lead teams to think differently, prioritize value
and remove waste from processes and requirements.
In this course, participants not only learn the Scrum Master role, but how to run a successful
Scrum team and all its roles. You’ll also learn how to lead multiple teams working concurrently
on a development project. Plus, through hands-on simulations, you will complete two cycles of
creation, practically applying the knowledge learned about Lean Agile and leading Lean Agile
How many CEUs/PDUs are available?
This is a live instructor-led course facilitated in a virtual environment through 4 hour sessions
for a total of 8 days. The instruction is a blend of lecture, application, and highly interactive team activities. Participants should expect to have
cameras on so that the course may be fun and interactive. All materials will be provided in an electronic format.
Completion of the following eLearning modules are recommended, but
not required, before taking Lean Agile:
- Change Management Series
- Introduction to Lean
- Visual Management
- Five Principles of Lean
System Requirements: Internet connection with modern browser
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Classes meet through Microsoft Teams
For the best Experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date
Legacy browsers with known issues:
Internet Explorer 10 and below
Safari 7 and below
Note: the course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled
While we recognize the need to cancel due to unforeseen events, we kindly ask that you consider the other students in this course when cancelling your enrollment. We ask for 6-weeks advance notice so that we may fill your spot and ensure a fun class for the other students. Otherwise, the cancellation policy is below.
Lean Methods Group reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. We will do our best to ensure you are aware of changes 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Lean Methods Group is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee, or you may apply toward another workshop. Please see below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 6 weeks before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 4 weeks of the course shall receive a 50% refund.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another Lean Methods e-learning or instructor-led course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs, PDUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Learn how our solutions can be tailored to your business.