Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Integrate Lean Agile development methodologies into an existing Lean/continuous improvement framework, organization or product development function.
- Develop user stories that describe customer requirements.
- Conduct release planning and sprint planning using user stories and estimating techniques.
- Manage sprint daily progress using such Lean Agile artifacts as the stand-up meeting.
- Demonstrate the current status of the project through the use of such artifacts as the kanban board, burn-up and burn-down charts.
- Manage a Lean Agile development team through a sprint—from requirements gathering through product demonstration.
Should have a basic understanding of lean concepts
Who Should Attend?
Anyone wanting to increase the speed and efficiency of their processes
Organizations and product development teams are often overwhelmed with contrasting programs and competing priorities. They assume customer requirements are known and static—when they never are. Their workflow is full of delays, handoffs, rework and other forms of waste, extending lead times beyond what’s reasonable to compete or to meet strategically important deadlines. Not with Lean Agile.
The Certified Lean Agile Scrum Master for Project Management course teaches teams to produce products or complete projects in much shorter periods of time, with fewer errors, by managing the development cycle in a collaborative environment with customers and stakeholders.
Lean Methods Group has partnered with Peopleside, a SCRUMstudy approved Authorized Training Partner, to offer this unique course. Taught by SCRUMstudy Certified Trainers(SCT™) and Agile coaches, this course differs from other Agile methodology courses because of its focus on the value-oriented discipline of Lean and the need to drive adoption in using these approaches. You won’t learn to automate waste nor will your knowledge be limited to simply what the steps are. Instead, you learn how to lead teams to think differently, prioritize value and remove waste from processes and requirements.
In this course, participants not only learn the Scrum Master role, but how to run a successful Scrum team and all its roles. You’ll also learn how to lead multiple teams working concurrently on a development project. Plus, through hands-on simulations, you will complete two cycles of creation, practically applying the knowledge learned about Lean Agile and leading Lean Agile teams.
How many CEUs/PDUs are available?
DAY 1 - Click Here
- Agile overview
- Lean overview
- Scrum overview
- Integration of Agile and Lean
DAY 2 - Click Here
- Scrum roles
- Phase 1: Initiate
- Phase 2: Plan and estimate
- Exercises: Introduction to case study, create product vision and develop epic(s), create prioritized backlog, conduct release planning, section quizzes
DAY 3 - Click Here
- Phase 3: Implement
- Phase 4: Review and retrospective
- Exercises: Create user stories, create sprint backlog, create Kanban board, conduct sprint standup, hold a sprint retrospective, section quizzes
DAY 4 - Click Here
- Phase 5: Release
- Scrum flow recap
- Scaling scrum
- Exercises: Current project retrospective, scaling brainstorm, section quizzes
- Course wrap-up
- Proctored exam
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection with modern browser
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
For the best Experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date
Legacy browsers with known issues:
Internet Explorer 10 and below
Safari 7 and below
Note: the course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled
Classes meet through Microsoft Teams
While we recognize the need to cancel due to unforeseen events, we
kindly ask that you consider the other students in this course when cancelling your enrollment.
We ask for 6 weeks advance notice so that we may fill your spot and ensure a fun class for the
other students. Otherwise, the cancellation policy is below.
Lean Methods Group reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors.
We will do our best to ensure you are aware of changes 6 weeks prior to the course start date.
Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Lean Methods Group is not responsible
for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee, or you may apply toward another
workshop. Please see below.
o Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 6 weeks before the start of the course receive
a full refund/transfer.Requests received within 4 weeks of the course shall receive a 50% refund.
o After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
o Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
o If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another Lean Methods e-
learning or instructor-led course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs, PDUs and a
Certificate of Completion can be awarded.