Train-the-Trainer is an intensive skill building experience that teaches participants how to become better instructors, presenters, meeting leaders, mentors and coaches. You learn the practices, behaviors and tools you need to improve audience participation, buy-in, comprehension, retention and application.
This course teaches you how to plan and organize materials, including openers and closers, curriculum “shaping” methods and visual aids. You’ll be exposed to a variety of experiential learning principles that you can use to increase your teaching effectiveness. And you’ll delve into the specifics of the adult learning cycle and different learning styles.
A distinguishing aspect of this course is its dedication to developing and practicing your own voice, or delivery style. Participants practice delivery and apply the knowledge and techniques learned. By observing each other, the group will assess delivery style and offer feedback to refine your abilities.
Delivered in a safe, fun and supportive environment, this course emphasizes practice, application and demonstrated competency.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the adult learning cycle.
- Identify and teach to the four learning styles and seven types of “smarts.”
- Apply experiential learning principles to make facilitating/training more engaging and effective.
- Compare hierarchical (lecture), co-operative (activities) and autonomous (reflection) training modes.
- Identify behaviors that contribute to confident presentations/facilitations.
- Set the scene for learning using powerful openers and closers.
- Apply curriculum “shaping” methods to improve participation and comprehension.
- Effectively deal with difficult audience/team members.
- Develop effective visual aids.
- Plan and organize training materials so sessions flow seamlessly from start to finish and knowledge retention is maximized.
Pre-course reading and pre-course questionnaire
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who train, give group presentations, or lead change in an organization.
- Performance excellence leaders, Lean Master candidates, Master Black Belts candidates.
Day One - Click Here
- Impromptu Training/Feedback
- Identifying Adult Learning
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior
Day Two - Click Here
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior Con’t
- Facilitation Interventions
- Facilitation Kit
- Developing a Training Roadmap
Day Three - Click Here
- Setting the Scene for Learning
- Developing High Impact Training
Day Four - Click Here
- Delivery of Presentations and Feedback
- Closer and Post Course Assignment
System Requirements: Internet connection with modern browser
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Classes meet through Microsoft Teams
Recommended Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
For the best Experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date.
Legacy browsers with known issues:
Internet Explorer 10 and below
Safari 7 and below
Note: the course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled
While we recognize the need to cancel due to unforeseen events, we kindly ask that you consider the other students in this course when cancelling your enrollment. We ask for 6-weeks advance notice so that we may fill your spot and ensure a fun class for the other students. Otherwise, the cancellation policy is below.
Lean Methods Group reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. We will do our best to ensure you are aware of changes 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Lean Methods Group is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee, or you may apply toward another workshop. Please see below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 6 weeks before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 4 weeks of the course shall receive a 50% refund.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another Lean Methods e-learning or instructor-led course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs, PDUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Learn how our solutions can be tailored to your business.